Michael Lawrence is a PMP certified senior manager with over 17 years in program and project management. I am seeking challenging position utilizing my multi-cultural communications skills, sales and leadership experience.
Tata Communications, Matawan, NJ
Director, Project Management Office (PMO)
February 2009 – Present
Lead a cross-functional team of project managers in implementing strategic voice and mobile agreements with key customers.
- Selected by business unit president to manage company’s first traffic outsourcing agreement worth over $300M.
- Successfully implemented 5 year outsourcing agreement under budget and on time. Earned Partner and Progress Award as a result for yielding over 100% of business case.
- Selected by CEO to manage integration of new South African acquisition.
- Created and launched product development process for new and enhanced voice and mobile products. Resulted in 20% increase in time to revenue in first 6 months.
- Selected to participate in company’s first North American Business Excellence Leaders’ Program.
- Initiated and established first ever Product Brainstorming Summit and embedded in product development life cycle.
Director, Product Development
December 2004 – July 2008
Manage company wide process improvement efforts utilizing Six Sigma discipline. Launch and manage multiple enhanced international VoIP termination products.
- Lead process and systems improvement effort for the customer support function utilizing the PMI methodology. Efforts lead to increase in customer satisfactions scores increased 28% year over year. Selected for the company’s Pro Club award for 2008 based on my success in leading this initiative.
- Successfully managed migration of technical routing platform to incorporate previously unutilized VoIP end points in our network. Resulted in profit increase of approximately 25%.
- Managed the creation and launch of our high quality VoIP voice product for retail based customers. The new service generates the most revenue for the company to this day.
- Presented company’s product suite and market insight to key customers and at industry trade shows.
- Successfully integrated mission critical systems and tools for the Voice business unit prior to merger closing.
- Created detailed requirements and project managed implementation of a new supplier self-serve costing application. Resulted in 30% of all suppliers utilizing the system freeing up 2 headcount .
- Responsible for meeting individual headcount, system and process synergy goals from management. Exceeded synergy expectations by 15% due to re-engineering processes within the business unit.
Senior Manager, Project Management and Routing Operations
July 1999 – December 2004
Successfully lead cross-organizational group (20+) for managing detailed, complex projects including the March 2004 merger with Teleglobe. Also, managed three operations based groups accountable for margin optimization, traffic management, and dispute resolution/prevention.
- Successfully launched new Supplier Management support organization. Reduced supplier disputes 15% quarter over quarter saving the company over $500k in net margin annually.
- Lead implementation of a web-based rate entry system to allow supplier base to grow 35% in 1 year.
- Successfully launched Global Buying organization and increased margins by 30% in first 6 months.
- Launched and managed first “in-country network” product in Bolivia while performing sales and engineering functions for the customer onsite. Awarded companies’ annual All Star award.
- Implemented new performance rated bonus structure across the company. Presented proposal to senior management designed to incent employees to work towards like corporate goals instead of less strategic individual objectives.
Acsis Inc, Marlton, NJ
Senior Project/Account Manager
February 1998 – July 1999
Managed accounts and development projects for several Fortune 500 companies (DuPont, P&G).
- Acted as sales lead presenting system capabilities and benefits to customer. Also served as engineering lead onsite designing solutions per customer requirements.
- Delivered first successful implementation of newest product for the companies’ largest customer.
SEI Investments, Oaks, PA
Project Manager/Application Developer January 1994 – February 1998
Managed 12 consultants in successfully designing and implementing the company’s Year 2000 strategy.
- Designed and developed a Year 2000 Status application for client use in Visual Basic.
- Lead creation of and operations for companywide quality assurance laboratory.
Penn State University
Master of Science, Information Science
University of Scranton
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics / Computer Science